Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Look at me

Come close and take a look at me.
Tell me now - what do you see?
My smiling face? My ease of mind?
My character, so sweet and kind?
My sense of humor, dreamy soul,
all these things that you extol?

Refocus - take a closer look,
in every corner, every nook,
every angle of my heart.
Rip those masking lies apart.
Look at what I really am,
all those traits I try to stem.

My drilling doubt, my disbelieve,
my sense of shame and inner grief.
All those things I try to hide,
those parts of soul I keep inside.
Those feelings that I lock away.
Come on closer and survey.

My fragile heart, so scared to break,
my lonely soul, old and opaque,
my inner child, naive and true,
my fondest dreams, soulful and blue.

Find the key to this old lock
that cages me around the clock.
The doubts that chase my hope away,
let every colour turn to grey.
The fear of being hurt and lone,
with nothing left than gloom and moan.
The sadness that abducts my heart,
and tears my lyric dreams apart.

I need some help to free my soul,
to stop me play the same old role.

So look at me and realize
that all you see are masking lies.
Just learn to look behind this scam,
to see me how I really am.

No comments: