Sunday, September 30, 2007

Free

All this hatred and all this pain
All those worries that make me lame
That heavy burden I have to bear
With all my anguish of despair

Enough now, I can’t take that no more
And soon you will see me walking out of that door
Just leave me alone, I just want to be free
‘Cause that’s what I always wanted to be

I just wanna run through that endless plane
Don’t mind any borders – find my own small lane
I wanna hear music the whole day long
And see the sun rising at the break of dawn

I wanna feel warm sunlight on my face
And just discover all of nature’s grace
Go to the horizon, and further beyond
Just be by myself – that is what I want

I wanna sense dirt under my feet
And live my life with my own beat
I wanna sleep under the starry sky
And take my spirit higher than high

I wanna drift towards the sun
And all my sorrows would come undone
With the soft, balmy grass under my toes
And my vivid heart which grows and glows

So go to the blazes with your world of pain
Where everyone’s selfish, greedy and vain
Mind your own business, don’t bother me
Let me live by myself, and let me be free

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arg wie du die gefühle von uns sterblichen interpretieren kannst! Dein Text bringts genau auf'n Punkt!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

I just want to be free…

Das hört sich so bescheiden an und ist genau das Gegenteil.
Der Kontrast zwischen der Alltagswelt und der Selbstfindung in der Natur ist dir perfekt gelungen.
Hass, Schmerz, Sorgen, Verzweiflung, Egoismus, Habgier… und dagegen Selbstbestimmung, Lebensfreude, grenzenlose Weite und all die Schönheiten der Natur, die man sonst kaum noch wahrnimmt.


Vielleicht eines deiner besten Gedichte.